Austinvilla Estate Wedding Venue
1. How did you get started? We purchased the property two years ago and began restoring and renovating it straight away as it was in need of refurbishment We decided to take on the challenge to lovingly restore the property back to its former glory and have love the journey ever since. We opened in October last year and have been overwhelmed by the response ever since.
2. Tell me about your favorite wedding last season. My favorite wedding so far was probably the one that you shot, Aimee and Jack MacGougan (April 8th) as they were the first couple that booked the venue when it was still under construction. They took a huge leap of fate with us by booking a venue that was not yet finished and I will forever thank them for that. They were a beautiful couple and I loved seeing their faces the first time they saw the venue completed - hopefully it exceeded their expectations.
3. How far out should a bride pay a deposit to secure your venue for her wedding day? Since opening, we have been inundated with inquiries and bookings. If your find the date you want is available, lock it is as quickly as you can to save disappointment. Most couples are booking the venue 12 months in advance. We will hold a date for as long as we can for our couples but dates are disappearing quickly.
4. What is included when a couple books your venue for their wedding? Austinvilla Estate is a one stop shop! When you get married at Austinvilla Estate you get to enjoy the exclusive use of the 111-acre property, the use of the Wedding pavilion for the ceremony, full reception in our vintage inspired homestead, accommodation for 60 - 90 guests and we even have a Hair/Beauty salon on site too. Accommodation ranges from Boutique Bunkhouses, Cute Cottages, Deluxe Regal Suite, and even a Tree House. Our friendly staff takes care of everything. We have an amazing chef and menus to choose from and the ambiance is second to none. All the bride has to worry about is looking amazing and all the groom has to worry about is not being hungover! We do the rest!
5. How do you help couples customize their wedding? A wedding is all about the couple and what they want and our friendly staff have many meetings leading up to the wedding day to finalize all the finer details to ensure the days is seamless and fun for everyone involved. We try and be as accommodating as possible and offer as much flexibility as possible. Every wedding is special and unique and we like the couples personalities to shine through.
6. What’s one interesting fact about Austinvilla Estate? Austinvilla Estate was formerly known as Coolalinga Lodge and means place of many springs in aboriginal. We also have kangaroos, koalas and kookaburras onsite.
7. What do you have planned for the future? Being a new venue, we are constantly evolving. We have many people suggesting things to us all the time and it is exciting to see what will happen from here. We are being approached by people wanting to host yoga retreats, conferences, family reunions, family birthday celebrations, children parties and sporting retreats. Watch this space!!!
8. How many guests can you accommodate? We have accommodation onsite for 60 - 90 guests. We have 10 x 2 bedroom Cottages, a deluxe Regal Suite, a Treehouse and 28 beds in our boutique bunkhouses. It is the ultimate group getaway and destination wedding venue.
9. What makes Austinvilla Estate unique? I think what makes Austinvilla Estate unique is the beauty of the natural surroundings. We are only 10 minutes from Robina Town Centre but when you are here, you feel like you are hours away from everything. 111 beautiful acres where you reconnect with nature and appreciate the beauty of the Gold Coast Hinterland. I guess we are a boutique hotel and the accommodation on site is also a huge drawcard. You will have to come and see for yourself!